• Author
      Ethan Johnson
      Participant

Hey everyone,

Today marks 5 days over a significant milestone in my journey toward recovery – I’ve officially been sober for 1 year and 5 days!

Reflecting on this achievement, I can’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude, pride, and strength. Sobriety is not just about abstaining from substances; it’s a profound transformation of the mind, body, and spirit. I want to share a bit of my story, not as a tale of struggle, but as a testament to the incredible power we all possess to overcome.

Before this period of sobriety, I had experienced a relapse after staying clean for 4 months. It was a tough setback, but it taught me invaluable lessons about the nature of recovery. Instead of viewing it as a failure, I chose to see it as a crucial part of my journey – a detour that ultimately redirected me toward a more robust, resilient path.

The last year has been a journey of self-discovery, forgiveness, and rebuilding. I’ve learned that recovery is not a linear process but a series of small victories, each contributing to the person we’re becoming. It’s about embracing growth, acknowledging setbacks, and forging ahead with newfound determination.

To those who may be facing challenges or setbacks right now, I want to emphasize that you are not alone. Recovery is a personal journey, but it’s also a collective effort. Surround yourself with supportive, understanding individuals who uplift and inspire you. Distance yourself from old friends and influences that may hinder your progress. Remember, it’s okay to prioritize your well-being.

Stay strong, keep the faith, and celebrate every moment of progress, no matter how small. We’re all warriors fighting battles others may not see, and your strength is commendable. If I can do it, so can you.

Here’s to one year and five days – a testament to the incredible resilience within us all. Let’s continue supporting and uplifting one another on this journey to a healthier, brighter future.

With gratitude and pride,

Ethan.

Charlotte Foster
      Participant

Well done Ethan. Brilliant. I’m having trouble getting started. Yes, I need some new friends that don’t drink and to be honest, it’s my friends that are my present and main encouragement and problem (they’re not a problem but they lead me to drink). I can’t disown them as I’ve known them from school – I just need to say “no”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Scroll to top